[unpaid/affiliate] So, just to round off the week, a look at the M&S beauty advent calendar which has £300 value but you can buy for £40 with a £30 spend.
I mean, who doesn’t spend £30 at M&S in the run up to Christmas! I’ve already bought some of the light-up gin bottles (more for the flavours than the lights, admittedly) and now have a list of things my mum and dad want so I’ll be doing even more of an M&S shop any moment now. The one thing I don’t need is the advent, but I’ve got one or two ‘qualifiying’ ideas if you feel that you do.
It’s not a secret that I love my hoodies – the hood acts almost as a collar in not feeling to bare around the neck area. I’ve had this for a few weeks now and worn it much more than I expected to because it’s just such an easy-on thing.
I love the multi-coloured fleck in the knit that breaks up the black just a tiny bit. There’s a grey one too and they come in sizes XS to XL. Thankfully, it’s never seen a curl of wool so there’s no worry about it shrinking in the wash and it feels extremely soft – no scratchiness here. It looks like wool though and I think it’s a bit of a snip at £25 HERE.
If you have any teens or tweens to buy for, I spotted these really sweet bath fizzer sets for £10 each HERE.
During lock down, I converted our little patio area into something a bit more inviting for when we could have people over but not in the house. I have a huge sun canopy which crosses over the whole area and I strung lights from it as well as buying an outdoor rug and a small patio heater and wrapped friends up in various rugs while we sat in the December chill having dinner. I put candles and lights everywhere so I want to get the below solar lights to add because while we don’t have to eat outside at the moment, I’m a) not ruling it out and b) quite liked it anyway. If you can make the space a bit magical then it’s easier to tempt yourself outside even for just toast and hot chocolate. I really remember the first time we did it and we were just so relieved to see our friends at last (buckets of sanitiser and about a million serving spoons so nobody had to touch anything shared) that we drank way too much and I had the head I deserved the following day :-).
I keep solar festoon lights in the tree outside my kitchen and I love them more in winter. So, it’s a bit of a ramble but these lights are included in the spend. They’re £29.50 HERE but they’re just right spread out the branches and pop in the pots that don’t have flowers any more and I’ve never known anyone not like lights as a gift.
Non affiliate link is here.
- 1xFull Size Autograph Colour Balm Lip Shine in Plum shine (Product: T222060)
- 1x50ml Full Size Pure Super Hydrate Day Cream SPF15 (Product: T227803)
- 1x60ml Apothecary Calm Body Wash (Product: T224910B)
- 1x30ml Fragrance Society Orange, Bergamot & Lemongrass Hand Cream (Product: T226200W)
- 1x15ml Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream (Product: T227375)
- 1x100ml Full Size Aveda Botanical Repair™ Leave-In Treatment (Product: T233427U)
- 1x30g Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (Product: T233862F/T239886G)
- 1xEyeko Black Magic: The Cocoa Edit Mascara in Brown (Product: T232664E)
- 1xFull Size Eyeko Black Magic: The Cocoa Edit Liquid Eyeliner in Brown (Product: T232668E)
- 1x50ml REN Atlantic Kelp & Magnesium Anti-Fatigue Body Wash (Product: T232114B)
- 1x50ml REN Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Hand Lotion (Product: T233057B)
- 1x75ml L’Occitane Shea Shower Oil (Product: T231055B)
- 1x8ml L’Occitane Immortelle Precious Dynamic Cream (Product: T238921F)
- 1x10ml Full Size Nails.Inc Tis the Season to Sparkle Nail Polish
- 1x75ml Full Size Percy & Reed I Need a Hero! Wonder Balm Hair Primer (Product: T233760U)
- 1x20ml Philip Kingsley Pure Colour Frizz Fighting Gloss (Product: T231982U)
- 1x40ml Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Therapies Egyptian Jasmine & Mandarin (Product: T236504U)
- 1x15ml PRAI Ageless Hand Crème (Product: T237655B)
- 1x30ml Full Size PRAI 24k Gold Wrinkle Repair Night Crème (Product: T238209F)
- 1x15ml REN Evercalm™ Global Protection Day Cream (Product: T234566F)
- 1x10ml Full Size This Works Stress Check Roll On (Product: T237280B)
- 1xFull Size Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Vivid Labradorite (Product: T232606E)
- 1x30ml Alpha-H Liquid Gold™ Rose (Product: T232234F)
- 1xFull Size Ultrasun Lip Protection SPF30
- 1x10ml SHAY & BLUE Tallulah’s Camellia Fragrance (Prouct: T232840P)
All products are sent to me as samples from brands and agencies unless otherwise stated. Affiliate links may be used. Posts are not affiliate driven.
Our M&S never had a beauty department (France) but sadly the vast majority of M&S food shops (we never had a beauty section) are closing down shortly in Paris, so I’ve been going around them stocking up… My cupboards and freezer are full; I’ll miss you, crumpets and chicken tikka fillets!
Sorry, nothing to do with the calendar, but I just needed to get that off my chest 🙂
Aww that’s such a shame. Those crumpets – and the cheese scones! A loss indeed x
Hi Jane – I’m very taken with the hoodie. Can you say how accurate the sizing is? I’m usually around a 14.
Thank you so much,
I have M and I’m a 12 – it’s a bit loose which is perfect for me as that’s how I like to wear my things and I don’t think they’re supposed to be snug anyway…. I think I’d go L for a size 14 to get the looseness. x
This looks fantastic!
Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk
Thanks Jane for this. Somehow, I just can’t recreate the excitement of the very first M&S beauty advent calendar – that was a proper treat.
Perhaps I’ve changed or the world has changed – I just don’t want the M&S one anymore….This year, I’ve bought a coffee one and a doggy treat one because I think that will be more fun for everyone…
You’re not the only one with beauty fatigue around the calendars – I think, though, they’re still exciting for those that don’t ‘follow’ beauty as such. I mean there is probably a group who are sick of gin calendars but I’m not – yet :-)))