Generally, I’m a fan of Burberry make up – but I just don’t get these at all! Nominally, they’re nude coloured pens to prime, contour and shape for ‘fuller looking lips’. I’ve been applying make up and testing make up for more years than I can remember and I’m not often stumped by a product. They apparently add a soft shadow to the lip line which creates the illusion of fuller, plumper lips. Not on this planet they don’t.
The application tips have me even further baffled becasue they’re so complicated!
- Application tips:
- Prime – Before applying your lip colour, line the outer edges of your lip with Lip Colour Contour and then completely fill in. Slightly soften the colour at the lipline to create a subtle shadow and a fuller appearance.
- Contour – Create a soft contoured look by applying Lip Colour Contour lightly at the edges of your lip, both top and bottom. Blend well with your fingertip for an undetectable finish.
- Colour – Line the outer edges of your lips first, and then apply all over the lips for a natural nude look.
The problem that I have is that they’re not precise – they’re shaped more like a eye shadow stick so it’s impossible to apply lightly at the edges of your lips and slightly softening at the lip line is easier said than done, unless you’re a make up artist. And, if you’re blending to an undetectable finish, what’s the point of it in the first place?! Argh. The only real use I can see is as a close-to-natural lip colour. The finish is matte and for me, makes things look worse than if I hadn’t bothered. I’m not even linking.
It’s really unusual for me to not be able to find any merits – but I’m absolutely stuck here because for £24.50 I just can’t recommend. I know that Burberry has some beautiful highlighters on the way, so fingers crossed!
Introducing KateCeuticals #Ad
- Introducing Lip Colour Contour, a nude pen to prime, contour and shape, for naturally fuller-looking lips.
- Inspired by backstage make-up techniques, Lip Colour Contour adds a soft shadow to the lip line, instantly creating the illusion of fuller, more plumped lips.
- Designed with a dome tip for easy application, the pen also acts as a lip primer to smooth and soften before applying colour, or can be worn alone for a natural-looking nude lip.
- The creamy, weightless formula delivers up to six hours of moisture for a comfortable and long-lasting wear.
- – Prime, contours and shapes
- – Lip primer to smooth and soften
- – Up to six hours of moisture
All products are sent to me as samples from brands and agencies unless otherwise stated. Affiliate links may be used. Posts are not affiliate driven.