Listerine Advanced White Mouthwash #Powerfulsmiles #Spons
If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ll know that I’m partial to a bit of tooth whitening – I have for years bought my toothpaste in the US because it’s better at doing the job, and I have gel trays that I regularly top up with. I was therefore really pleased to partner with Listerine to try out their new Listerine Advanced White.
I just like a whitened smile so I’m always up for trying products that help to achieve that. Enough, even, to overcome my dislike of minty flavoured things, although I put Listerine Advanced White Mouthwash as more of an ultra-fresh charge than especially doused in mint as such. Interestingly enough, Listerine still uses three of the initial four essential oils – eucalyptol, thymol and menthol – that were used at its inception in 1879 (I know, who knew?) for their antibacterial properties.
Bearing in mind that I already use whitening toothpaste, to add a mouthwash into the routine isn’t really a leap although I’ve always been a bit of an ad hoc mouthwash user, rather than a regular. I guess it’s a bit like adding in an essence to skin care – just an extra step for the good. I can’t see a time in my life when I won’t use brightening products for my teeth – strangely, my top row are poker straight but my bottom row is a bit crooked and while I really couldn’t care less that I don’t have orthodontist-perfect straightness, it is harder to stop staining where there is slight overlap.
Listerine Advanced White Mouthwash has been up for the testfor two weeks now – that’s the amount of time that it takes for whitening results to show. It’s all kinds of handy that the formula not only lifts staining, but also prevents new stains from forming (that’s a big plus for me, bearing in mind my non-uniformity). Any coffee and tea drinker will tell you that’s a bonus worth its weight in gold. If you’re following current dental advice not to rinse after brushing your teeth, you’ll be happy to know that Listerine Advanced White mouthwash contains fluoride so it’s fine to use as a post-brush swish.
Being realistic, don’t expect Tom Cruise style whitening, or glow in the dark teeth – teeth just don’t need to be as white as your bathroom tiles because that’s never going to give you a natural looking smile (see also: if your colleagues put their sunglasses on when you walk into a room), but do expect a lifting of colour and a definite freshening experience.
It’s true to say that the more you smile, the more people smile back – and if you feel like smiling more because you like your smile better with whiter teeth you can see how that whole circle goes. Listerine has enlisted Louise Redknapp from Wild About Beauty to recommend colours that could lift your smile more still – we all know to stay away from orange if we have yellow tones on our teeth, but berry shades with cool undertones can help to optically brighten. In fact, it’s cool tones all round if you want to help your smile to shine – yellow, brown or orange tones can accentuate any natural yellow.
I think, if you’re fond of a red or orange lip, it’s helpful anyway to get your teeth as bright as possible to negate the optical yellowing effect, so actually, rather than look to change shades of lipstick, personally, I think it’s better to lift the shade of your teeth so you can wear whatever you want.
I’ve got five sets of one bottle of Listerine Advanced White with one Wild About Beauty lipstick to give away so you can try it at home. If you’d like to give this a go, all you need to do is tweet me (@britbeautyblog) telling me what makes you smile using #PowerfulSmiles. Your details will be kept confidential and not used for any other purpose than to notify you as a recipient.
*Listerine provided the product and sponsored the post as part of their marketing communications for the launch of Listerine Advanced White.
Terms and conditions
1. The Prize Draw is open to residents of Great Britain who are aged 18 years or over, except employees and their families of Johnson & Johnson Limited and its affiliated companies, their agencies and anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw.
2. Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
3. No purchase necessary for entry into the Prize Draw. Entries received after the closing date of 17/08/2015 (“ClosingDate”) will not be accepted.
4. The Prize: Five winners will each receive one Wild About Beauty TM lipstick and a coupon to redeem against one bottle of LISTERINE® Advanced White 500ml or 1L, at participating stores, up to a maximum value of £10. The shade of Wild About Beauty TM is predetermined and cannot be exchanged. The separate information provided by the Promoter as to how to enter the Prize Draw is an integral part to these terms and conditions.
5. The winner of the prize will be drawn within 28 days of the Closing Date, from all valid entries received.
6. All winners will be drawn using randomised software or under independent supervision from valid entries and notifiedby ListerineTeam@redconsultancy.com within 7 days of the relevant draw. If a winner cannot be contacted within 21 days of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the original.
7. The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters regarding this Competition. No correspondence will be entered into. Details of the winners’ name and counties will be available from the Promoter on written request by sending an email to: ListerineTeam@redconsultancy.com within 3 months after then prize draw closing date.
8. At the Promoter’s discretion another prize of equivalent or greater value may be substituted if in all reasonable circumstances the promoter is unable to offer the intended prize(s).
9. The Promoter retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in its view a winner is ineligible, the entry is invalid or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Prize Draw in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control
10. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
12. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever in connection with Prize Draw and the Prizes and in particular does not accept responsibility for entries invalidated by technical problems beyond the control of the Promoter or problems with accessing the website.
13. All internet connection charges and any other expenses which may be incurred due to entering or wining the Prize Draw are sole responsibility of the participant.
14. Details of participants and winners shall be retained by the Promoter and shared with an agency for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw. Participants may withdraw their consent to the retention of such data at any time by providing notice of such withdrawal to the Promoter. However, the Participants who withdraw their consent in this manner will be excluded from the Prize Draw.
15. LISTERINE® Advanced White and Wild About Beauty TM are trademarks of their respective owners. The Promoter does not claim any rights in such trade marks and the Prize Draw is not associated with or enforced by any of such trade mark owners.
16. The Prize Draw, and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. By participating in the Prize Draw, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter is Britishbeautyblogger www.britishbeautyblogger.com.
*all products are sent to me as samples from brands and agencies unless otherwise stated